Coronavirus: How to use the mask correctly?
For a mask to fulfill its function you must know how to put it on and take it off. Here are the simple steps on how to do it properly.
Consider wearing the mask when you are coughing or sneezing (with or without a fever) and you will be around other people. The mask will help protect you from spreading the disease.
How to put on and take off a mask.
Disposable masks should only be used once and then thrown away. You should also remove and replace it if it is wet.
Always follow the product instructions on how to store them and the procedures for putting them on and taking them off.
Remove the mask from the face:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water efficiently. Do not touch the front of the mask as it is contaminated. Just touch the suspenders / elastics / ties.
2. Dispose of the mask in the trash. Wash your hands with soap and water again.
Put the mask on your face:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water.
2. Remove the mask from its packaging and make sure that it has not had any holes or cracks.
3. Determine which side of the mask is facing up. The side with the metal rod should go upwards as it adapts to your nose.
4. Determine which side of the mask is the front. The colored side is usually the front while the white side touches your face.
5. Follow the instructions below depending on the type of mask you have:
- Mask with ear hooks: Hold the mask by the hooks and put them around your ear.
- Mask with straps: Bring the mask to the level of the nose and place the straps on your head, securing it with a knot.
- Mask with elastics: Hold the mask in your hand from the metal part of the nose allowing the elastics to hang freely. Bring the mask to your nose and pull the elastic over your head, put the next one around your neck.