COVID-19: Stay home and make your own bread
Due to the pandemic that is affecting humanity, we have been forced to stay home. We can find many options to make this confinement productive and one of them can be; make your own bread.
Homemade Bread In 5 Steps.
Country bread with a French recipe.
We bring you a recipe that has had the adjustments of the repetitive making experience. Where does the recipe come from? This has its history. It comes from France, from a small town called Vouzailles, it was a book that was lost in an antique fair.
Its name was so striking that it was destined to the rescue: "The best bread recipes" who would resist buying a book that promises nothing less than the best bread !?
- 300g white flour (without baking powder) + an extra for preparing the consistency.
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated yeast coffee
- 1 teaspoon of sugar coffee
- 10g butter with salt
- 50g rye flour
- 3 teaspoons of coffee salt
1. The day before, mix 100g of white flour, 100ml of water and the yeast. Place this preparation in a large container covered with transparent film, in a cool place.
2. The next day, add 240 ml of water and the rest of the ingredients in the order indicated. Mix it with a non-stick paddle until everything is incorporated. Then add white flour and stir until consistency of dough.
3. Then knead on a surface until soft.
4. Put on the oven tray previously floured giving it the shape you choose; round or elongated. Cover with a cloth and let stand for 1 hour and 30 minutes in a cool place without drafts.
5. Preheat oven to 240 ° C, heat up and down. Put a small can or container inside to create steam (You can not do this and it will have little influence on the result). Flour the bread and make four rectangular incisions with a knife or an x if it is round. Put in the oven for 30 minutes controlling the coloring of the crust.
Ready! You have the taste of bread made by a French baker!
Remember, once you are ready to take the bread out of the oven and let it cool on a rack.